Professional Development Grant
Call for Submissions - Spring 2023
Submission Deadline: Rolling
Students can apply for up to $500 to support professional development activities. Eligible activities include registration fees for workshops and statistics courses. Funded activities may take place during spring or summer 2023. Given the availability of funds for conference travel from the Norton School and GPSC, these awards will not be given to cover the costs of travel to professional conferences. Funds may also not be used to pay article processing costs for open-access journals.
The submission deadlines are rolling meaning that you may apply at any time, but funds are limited. Each FSHD student is eligible to apply one time in the spring semester. To allow time for application review and processing, please apply at least 4 weeks before funds are needed. All funds are subject to availability.
- Applicants must be graduate students in good academic standing in the FSHD program at the University of Arizona. Students in all stages of the program are eligible to apply.
- Students are eligible for one award per academic year
Please submit application materials electronically as one PDF to email@example.com.
Applicants will be notified of funding decisions within 3 weeks after the submission.
1. Click Here for a downloadable application form. Required content includes:
- Detailed description and website link (as applicable) for the professional development activity that includes information regarding costs
- Short (500 words maximum) description of how the proposed professional development activity will specifically advance your training and research career. For example, describe the skills you will gain and how you will apply those skills to specific research projects or your developing research plans. Be as specific as possible.
- Signature of your primary advisor approving the applicatio
2. Submit a current Curriculum Vitae